Curriculum Review Procedure
Apollo-Ridge School District
Curriculum Review Procedures
- Review current literature/journals and information from professional organizations.
- Learn about programs and best practices in other districts.
- Learn the expectations of local colleges and universities for incoming freshmen desiring to study in the subject areas reviewed.
- Review research and information from industry and those practicing professions related to subject area.
- Assess alignment to Pennsylvania Academic Standards, Anchors, and Eligible Content.
- Evaluate current textbook(s) and publications in relation to learning objectives.
- Review instructional strategies for all learners.
- Assess technology application(s) in relation to learning objectives.
- Review data on student achievement and standardized test results.
- Evaluate the RELEVANCE of the current planned instruction.
- Evaluate the RIGOR of the current planned instruction.
- Evaluate the opportunities for REFLECTION in the instructional practice.
- Evaluate current planned instruction for writing across the curriculum.
WRITE OR REVISE PLANNED INSTRUCTION:
- Collaborate with other educators (grade level, department).
- Follow District template.
- Update Course Overview for Program of Studies and District Publications (including web site).
- Update planned instruction on EdInsight Curriculum Planner.
CONTINUOUS PROGRAM EVALUATION AND REFINEMENT:
- Reconvene Curriculum Review Committee at intervals.
- Evaluate student achievement in relation to planned instruction.
- Evaluate alignment to Pennsylvania Academic Standards, Anchors, and Eligible Content.