REMINDER, WHEN SCHOOL IS CLOSED, ALL ATHLETIC EVENTS AND PRACTICES ARE CANCELLED.
The official start of Spring Sports is Monday, March 4th! You must have your Sports Physicals and Family ID completed and turned in by then in order to participate! Contact Mrs. Lydon in the Athletic Office 724-478-6000 ext. 6032 with any questions!
Grades 7-12 Interested in Wrestling:
Here is how you sign up:
2) Scroll down the page and on the left click on "Armstrong Jr/Sr High School"
3) At the top of the page (under Activities) click on "Sports Registration and Physicals"
4) You will see "Please follow the link for sports registration" - click on the green link and set up a Final Forms account and register for wrestling
5) The participation fee for Apollo Ridge wrestlers is $200 based on the agreement between our school districts (not due yet - usually collect payment around December 1st)
If you want to contact one of our coaches to let them know of your interest here is their email addresses:
The Athletics Calendar shows all athletic events, including locations and bus departure times. This information is updated often.
*As a reminder, during Spring Sports there will most likely be several changes made due to weather and field conditions. As a result the schedules that are downloaded on this website may not be updated immediately.
Opioid Awareness for Student Athletes
Click the link below to watch a short video:
A collaborative effort between the FBI, DEA and UPMC to help educate student-athletes about the opioid epidemic and potential risks for addiction. Olympic Gold Medalist and WWE Hall of Famer, Kurt Angle, shares his personal battle with opioid addiction and has a special message for those impacted. To learn more, please visit https://www.upmc.com/
Physicals & Family ID Information:
8/2/23 is the official start of Fall Sports. All physicals and Family ID must be completed and turned in by 8/2/23 in order to participate!
Football 7th - 8th Grade
Girls Basketball 7th - 8th Grade
8/2/23 is the official start of Winter Sports. All physicals and Family ID must be completed and turned in by 8/2/23 in order to participate!
Girls Varsity Basketball
Boys Varsity Basketball
8/2/23 is the official start of Spring Sports. All physicals and Family ID must be completed and turned in by 8/2/23 in order to participate!
Girls Varsity Softball
Boys Varsity Baseball
Varsity Track & Field
7/8 Grade Girls Volleyball
Schedules can be found on the right side of this page. Please feel free to contact Ms. Lydon in the Athletic Department @ 724-478-6032 with any questions.
If your student-athlete has participated in a sport previously, you should have received an email, inviting you to register your son/daughter for the coming year.
If your son/daughter is new to the district, will be starting 7th grade, or has not participated in a sport previously, instructions are attached below, which will walk you through registering through FamilyID.
- ALL athletes must be registered through FamilyID to participate in the AR sports program.
- Student-athletes are registered ONLY ONCE. You will simply go in and update info from season to season or year to year.
- If your son/daughter is participating in a FALL sport, registration must be completed by August 1st, and physicals submitted by August 1st.
Boys Soccer Co-op with Leechburg
Leechburg High School has formed a boys soccer program. Apollo-Ridge will be co-oping with Leechburg, allowing our high school boys to be a part of the Leechburg team.
The team has created a Facebook page: Leechburg Boys Soccer. Interested parents may join.
2023-2024 Apollo-Ridge Student Athletic Accolades:
- Breydon Orvosh- WPIAL Cross Country
- Sienna Jackson-WPIAL Cross Country
- Marly Koleno– TribHSSN Volleyball Player of the Week
- Kyler Toland– TribHSSN Volleyball Player of the Week
- Sophia Yard - A-K Valley Athlete of the Week
- Sophia Yard - Christmas Tournament MVP
- Karter Schrock - Christmas Tournament MVP
- 2023 Valley News Dispatch High School Football All-Stars: Ryan Lydon; Karter Schrock; Spencer Sells
- All Conference Football: Ryan Lydon; Karter Schrock; Spencer Sells
2023-2024 A-R New Athletics Records!
- Karter Schrock - 18th Quarter Back in WPIAL History to rush for over 1,000 yards and pass for over 1,000 yards in a single season
2022-2023 A-R New Athletics Records!
¨ Girls' 4x100 relay team of Jessica Ross, Alexa Adams-McKendree, Sydney McCray and Sophie Yard: Their new school record time is 51.8 seconds - shaving one tenth of a second off the old record which was set in 2002
¨ Jessica Ross set a new girls pole vault record 10’1”
¨ Jake Mull set new school record in the 200 meters. His time was 22.08
¨ Jake Mull single season receiving yards in football
¨ Jake Mull set a new record in basketball for single season steals and is now the record holder for A-R (87)
¨ Kyra Myers– First Female athlete to run cross-country in A-R history
Apollo-Ridge Athletic Hall of Fame Established
The Athletic Hall of Fame is organized for the purpose of recognizing the rich tradition of athletic success in the Apollo-Ridge School District. It serves as a means of honoring and recognizing the athletes, teams, coaches, and supporters who made significant contributions to the Viking tradition of excellence. The Athletic Hall of Fame honors the contributions and accomplishments of these individuals and teams who are worthy of recognition as examples for others to emulate. Induction ceremonies are held annually.
HOF By-Laws, HOF Letter and Nomination Form are all located on the side of this page. Please feel free to contact Ms. Lydon in the Athletic Department at 724-478-6000 ext. 6032 with any questions.